The second phase in the Cover Battle of 2012 is here! From a total of sixty covers, only twenty are left. These twenty are divided over two rounds of ten covers each. The four covers with the most votes in each round make it to the next phase: the quarter finals. Again, your vote makes the difference. It is up to our readers to decide which book wears the most gorgeous cover of 2012!
Want to know more or look at all sixty covers? Check out the big introduction post here.
Here are the covers for this round:
|Cover 1||Cover 2||Cover 3||Cover 4||Cover 5|
|Cover 6||Cover 7||Cover 8||Cover 9||Cover 10|
Click the cover images above to zoom; click the titles below to view a book on Amazon.
- Seven Wonders by Adam Christopher, cover by illustrator Will Staehle, published by Angry Robot Books.
- The Blinding Knife by Brent Weeks, photography by Shirley Green, photo illustration by Silas Manhood, design by Orbit Books’ creative director Lauren Panepinto.
- Thieftaker by D.B. Jackson, cover art by Chris McGrath, published by Tor Books.
- Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff, American cover by Jason Chan (interesting article here), published by Thomas Dunne Books.
- Discount Armageddon by Seanan McGuire, cover art by Alistair (Ally) Fell, published by DAW Books.
- Wide Open by Deborah Coates, design by Peter Lutjen, published by Tor Books.
- The Killing Moon by N.K. Jemisin, illustration by Marc Yankus, design by Orbit Books’ creative director Lauren Panepinto.
- King of Thorns by Mark Lawrence, another wonderful cover by Jason Chan, published by Ace Books.
- The Woodcutter by Kate Danley, art by The Book Designers, published by 47North.
- Osiris by E.J. Swift, illustration by Nicolas Bouvier (Sparth), design by Victoria Maderna and Federico Piatti, published by Night Shade Books.
I have attempted to properly credit all cover artists. Notice any missing information? Drop me an email!