The second phase in the Cover Battle of 2012 is here! From a total of sixty covers, only twenty are left. These twenty are divided over two rounds of ten covers each. The four covers with the most votes in each round make it to the next phase: the quarter finals. Again, your vote makes the difference. It is up to our readers to decide which book wears the most gorgeous cover of 2012!
Want to know more or look at all sixty covers? Check out the big introduction post here.
Here are the covers for this round:
|Cover 1||Cover 2||Cover 3||Cover 4||Cover 5|
|Cover 6||Cover 7||Cover 8||Cover 9||Cover 10|
Click the cover images above to zoom; click the titles below to view a book on Amazon.
- Range of Ghosts by Elizabeth Bear, cover by oil painter Donato Giancola, published by Tor.
- The Assassin’s Curse by Cassandra Rose Clarke, cover by Sarah Jane Coleman, published by Strange Chemistry.
- The Scar by Sergey and Marina Dyachenko, cover by Richard Anderson, published by Tor.
- The Long Earth by Stephen Baxter and Terry Pratchett, cover design by Richard Shailer, Senior Designer at Transworld Publishers.
- Cold Days by Jim Butcher, cover by Chris McGrath, published by Roc Books.
- The Indigo Pheasant by Daniel A. Rabuzzi, carved by Deborah A. Mills, photographed by Shira Weinberger, art by Erik Mohr, published by ChiZine Publications.
- The Black Mausoleum by Stephen Deas, cover art by Stephen Youll, published by Gollancz.
- The Emperor’s Soul by Brandon Sanderson, kindle cover design by Isaac Stewart, illustration by Alexander Nantichkov.
- The Serpent Sea by Martha Wells, cover art by Steve Argyle, design by Rebecca Silvers, published by Night Shade Books.
- Blackbirds by Chuck Wendig, cover by Joey Hi-Fi (a.k.a. D.Halvorsen), published by Angry Robot Books.
I have attempted to properly credit all cover artists. Notice any missing information? Drop me an email!