Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Ranting Café » General Discussion

Page 1 of 1 [ 17 posts ] 

Post Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:19 am 
Dragonet
Dragonet

I am preparing to Narrate the Mistborn Adventure Game. This roleplaying game is designed to have a focus on storytelling and characters over combat or loot. Rather than a Game Master, there is a Narrator, player characters are Heroes, and a group of Heroes is a crew.

No prior gaming experience is necessary. Familiarity with Scadrial is a plus, but not required. My setting will be deliberately designed to be accessible and relatively spoiler free to those unfamiliar with the Mistborn trilogy; it will be set in roughly the same time period as the start of Mistborn: The Final Empire. The game will be played on the forum and be slow paced to allow for everyone to tend to their RL obligations.

For the purpose of avoiding spoilers, certain things will only be allowed if all participants have read the first book or the whole trilogy. Several of those conditionally allowed things are:
Kandra Heroes, the "Gain a Hemalurgic spike" Advancement, and fighting the Lord Ruler directly.

If you are interested, please post here. Include how many of the Mistborn books you've read and your experience with roleplaying so far. If you have any ideas for your character concept already, please include those in spoiler tags. I believe I can accomodate up to fifteen participants in up to three crews of three to six Heroes per crew, though you are welcome to express your interest even if there are already fifteen people listed.

This is not an official signup thread yet. By stating your interest here, you are not committing to play for sure; you can change your mind. You are also not guaranteed a spot in the game if there are too many people interested. In such an event, priority will be given to those who have already demonstrated activity on these forums and/or in the IRC channel, and those who have a staff member vouching for them.

TL;DR: Fun game! Wanna play? Include how many of the Mistborn books you've read and your experience with roleplaying so far. If you have any ideas for your character concept already, please include those in spoiler tags.

Interested people:
  1. Ashik
  2. Stephan
  3. Garrett (maybe)
  4. that70sgirl
  5. Abram
  6. tecslicer

Stephan's fiancée
Oh look, it's my Goodreads profile

Last edited by Rebecca on Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:57 am, edited 8 times in total.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:23 am 
Resident Citizen
Resident Citizen

I'm in.

I've read every book, including Alloy of Law. My experience with roleplaying is nonexistent, though I've read some rulebooks.

Depending on the nature of the game, I wouldn't mind playing either:

A Terrismen (No Feruchemy) Steward with a feverish obsession with killing nobles because of the way they treated him like an animal.
    A Half-Skaa Misting (Lurcher) Thief used to working alone due to a failed job in his past.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:50 am 
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

I'm in as well. I have read every Mistborn book out there, but I have zero RPing experience.

For a character, I'm thinking of a spoiled but rebellious, Coinshot noble girl in her young teens. Nice and cheesy, but with a lot of room for fun play. 8)

Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:18 pm 
Swiftblade
Swiftblade

Interested, but will have to think on it after I get through planning the next stage of my Dresden RPG campaign, and setting up a Marvel RPG one-shot for some tabletop rookie friends.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:41 am 
Peasant
Peasant

Hey all - just joined the site today, and it's my first forum post! Yay!

I haven't RPGed in 15 years...but i love this series, and would certainly like to give this a go. I have read all four Mistborn books

Post Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:46 am 
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Awesome! Welcome! :D

Post Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:54 am 
Dragonet
Dragonet

Welcome, glad to have you!

Stephan's fiancée

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:00 am 
Peasant's Child
Peasant's Child

Hmm...I haven't read the books (yet) but have a lot of roleplaying experience. I can help out where needed.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:46 am 
Dragonet
Dragonet

When you say help, do you mean like as an assistant Narrator, or as a Hero? Image

Stephan's fiancée

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:46 am 
Peasant's Child
Peasant's Child

Either way, whatever you want me to do.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:28 pm 
Peasant's Daughter
Peasant's Daughter

I would love to join! I have read everything Brandon Sanderson (except Memory of Light) I have it but I want to finish my re-read first.

For characters I am thinking a non-powered skaa animal trainer, or a socialy awkward noble lurcher if we are doing a noble heavy game.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:38 am 
Dragonet
Dragonet

Hey guys, I'm still planning to do this, especially since there are enough interested people to make a nice crew. I haven't finished reading the game guide book yet, though. I'll keep you guys posted!

Stephan's fiancée

Post Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:45 pm 
Peasant's Daughter
Peasant's Daughter

Do you have any preliminary info about the adventure so I/we can be crafting character backstories?

Post Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:48 pm 
Scoundrel
Scoundrel

I got this game guide book for my birthday (my friends know me well). Is this still a thing that's happening? Because I am SO interested.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:27 am 
Dragonet
Dragonet

I am still definitely planning to do this at some point! :oops: I've just gotten so busy and distracted by other things that it might be a while longer before I finish reading through the game guide and am prepared to start the game. My apologies for the lack of reply and the lack of progress! (Marnie, if you would like to run the game, I wouldn't be at all offended to defer to you and just participate as a player.)

Stephan's fiancée

Post Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:16 pm 
Scoundrel
Scoundrel

Haha, oh man, I appreciate the offer, but I have basically zero role playing experience, and I haven't even started reading that (damn thick) guidebook. If I ever manage to read through it, I'll let you know, but for now let' s just say I'm interested in playing whenever this happens :)

Post Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:29 pm 
Dragonet
Dragonet

Ok sounds good. (Y) I still haven't finished reading the book either. It was a Christmas present... :whistle:

Stephan's fiancée

Page 1 of 1 [ 17 posts ] 

Board index » Ranting Café » General Discussion